Tales from Two Cities

Friday, January 06, 2006

Precious Gift...

Been wanting to blog about my youngest little princess but don't know where to start. Hmm...lets see now.

Born Friday, October 2004 on the first day of Ramadhan, she's such a precious little baby. A very special. It was a smooth delivery, I would say. When the contraction started, I was at the site office, handling some problems on the user side. Initially, I thought it would just go a away after a while. But when the pain intensified around noon, I called up hubby. Told him, sakit perutlah...nak balik..He said ok but tak lama lepas tu call back and asked me, "sakit perut nak buang air besar ke?" Huh ??? Aiyo sayang....Kalau sakit perut nak buang air besar, buat per nak call you. Ni sakit nak beranak lah wei...

So he picked me up and we headed home first pasal barang nak bawak ke hospital pun aku tak pack lagi. Serius tak prepare apa...Naik tangga rumah pun kejap kejap stop bila contraction jadi, then sambung lagi jalan dan packing. By the time we reached the hospital, my gynae told me, the opening was already 6 cm. So off I went to the labour room. Around half and hour dalam labour room, selamat dah bersalin....heheheheh...lega giler beb ! While waiting for the gynae to finish up with me, I chatted with hubby. telling him how tired and relieved I was, and also, we haven't figured out the baby's name. My gynae pun tergelak dengar...:)

Things went fine that day. I was happy and tired. Can't wait to be discharged with my baby. Then came Saturday morning. I was getting ready to go home when hubby approached me.

"Duduklah kejap. I got something to tell you. It's about our baby. She's special. "
"Hmmm...ok..." Me still blur blur. What is he trying to tell me?
"What I'm saying is..she's a special baby, Down Syndrome baby...."

I was speechless...Macam tak percaya ajer...She looks so perfect to me. Just like her eldest sister. No difference...I was confused. I looked around me, mak and ayah senyap ajer, the rest pun macam tu jugak...For a second, it felt like the world has stopped. I broke down the moment hubby hugged me. We cried....

"Kita sama-sama sayang dan jaga dia ok....Takde beza antara kakak and adik..."

It didn't take me long to realize what I should do. I vowed that I'll do everything and anything within my capabilities to give her the best. To love her, protect her, anything for her...She's a precious gift from Allah to us. "Kita tak akan sia-siakan dia...". That was our promise...

1 Comments:

  • Sis
    i admire your courage and determination to ensure that you give the best to both of your children. May Allah bless you and your family.. Take care..

    By Blogger Arena, at January 12, 2006 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home