Tales from Two Cities

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Things were different now....

Gosh! This blog has not been updated for ages, man!!! Woi JBMari!!!Mana janji janji manis mu? Konon nak update sama sama. Satu haram pun takde lagi ni. Testing post tu tak kira aaaaa..

Been kinda busy lately. There was some technical training I need to attend....then taking over my collegue's job while he's away on his marriage leave. Early next month baru masuk kerja semula.Wah...Honeymoon sakan aaaa kau yerk ! Anyway, Selamat Pengantin Baru to H and pasangannya...

Rasanya belum terlambat lagi nak wish Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri dan Maaf Zahir Batin kepada yang semua teman teman...Still in the raya mood lagi ni even though dah nak sampai ke penghujungnya. Weekends still full with open house invitations. Tu tak campur lagi wedding invitations...Kenduri sana sini...Gantung kuali beb bila tiba weekend....Hehheeheh

Raya tahun ni, we went back to my hometown first. Supposedly tahun ni first raya kat hubby's hometown di Pahang. tapi due to some circumstances, tak dapekle. 3 kali berturut turut dah kat my hometown. Kesian hubby...Nasib baik dia tak kisah. Anyhow, this year's raya celebration on my hubby side was rather gloomy. My mother in law is sick...She was diagnosed with breast cancer, 4th stage. She's on her bed most of the time.

I still remember during raya celebration in the previous years, she would be the busiest person in the house. Busy with all the cookings and cleaning and changing the curtains and all....She doesn't have a daughter. 4 boys...4 big boys....Hehehheh...But they were all very helpful. Bolehlah suruh buat itu ini even though kena specifically tell them what to do. Boys! So being the only one daughter in-law during that time, aku pun tak menang tangan buat kerja. First and second hari raya was the super busiest. Relatives and friends from all
over the place came non-stop. Pinggan cawan tak sempat kering dah ada segerombolan lagi datang...My mother in law ni very the very friendly orangnyer. When she was working in Kuantan few years ago, she was actively involved in badminton. Siap pergi tournament. Dengan business catering dia lagi. Memang sedap aaaaa masakan dia...My wedding pun dialah yang masak, dialah yang uruskan semua. Sampaikan malam after the wedding tu, I found her terlelap kat sebelah almari kat dapur..Imagine keletihan dia..

But this year, nothing much she can do. In fact, she didn't do anything. Just lying helplessly in her bed. She had to travel to KL almost every week for her chemo treatment. That really worn her out. Plus the chemo effect....This time around, people came to visit her,to see how is she coping. No more glorious and delicious food for the guests. Just some normal stuff. I can't bear to see her in that condition.My heart bleeds everytime I looked at her. I spent some time sitting beside her bed, asking her what she wants to eat or drink...We chatted...Sometimes I brought my little girl into her room so she can look at her grandchild playing. Hope that could ease her pain. Make it go away for a while. I thought, that's the least I can do for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home